Web Hosting Services You Can Trust
10+ Web Hosts Compared By Uptime, Performance, and Pricing
Last update: January, 2021.
It can seem very challenging to find the right web hosting service for your online business. Web hosting is an essential part of running a successful online business. Therefore, it is very important to choose a web hosting service covers all of these areas: (1) Ease of Use, (2) Availability & Uptime, (3) Speed & Performance, (4) Security and (5) Customer Support.
If you are looking for right hosting service to start your website, those three elements will help you pick the best hosting provider for your specific needs.
At HostingVote, our experts reviewed the top major web hosting providers in the industry, so you won’t have to waste your time and money.
5 Best Web Hosting Companies (2021)
There are too many options in the world of web hosting. Each option is catered around the website owners needs based on the amount of storage capacity, control, technical knowledge requirement, server speed and reliability.
We have curated the best website hosting providers based on the five types of web hosting:
1. Best Shared Hosting Service: BlueHost
Shared hosting is perfect for beginners. With a shared hosting plan, all domains share the same server resources such as CPU (Central Processing Unit) and RAM (Random Access Memory). The cost of shared hosting plans are relatively low because all resources are shared. If you’re on a budget, this is an excellent choice for beginners and non-technical people.
Shared hosting pros:
- Ideal for beginners and small websites
- Extremely affordable
- Easy to set up
- No technical knowledge required
Shared hosting cons:
- Limited server resources
- Websites can be slow
- Servers can get overload
- Not great for website growth
2. Best Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting Service: InMotion Web
VPS hosting is perfect for website owners who need more control. With a VPS Hosting plan, a website is hosted within its own space on the server with dedicated resources. However, it is still shared with other websites but significantly lower than a shared plan. When a website outgrows a shared plan, upgrading to a VPS plan makes the most sense.
This is an excellent choice for website owners who want more freedom and flexibility than a shared plan.
VPS hosting pros:
- Dedicated server resources
- Faster loading speeds than shared hosting
- More affordable than dedicated hosting
- Great for sites that stores large videos and images
VPS hosting cons:
- Limited WordPress Support
- Requires more technical knowledge
- Sharing the main server with other sites
- Still has some limitations of what you can control
3. Best WordPress Hosting Service: WP Engine
WordPress hosting is intended to optimize WordPress websites. The WordPress optimization includes security, speed, daily backups, website uptime, and scalability. It is more expensive than shared and VPS hosting because you don’t have to deal with WordPress updates and weekly maintenance. You can focus on content and everything else will take care of itself.
This is an ideal choice for heavy WordPress users who want hassle-free and very targeted solution.
WordPress hosting pros:
- Specifically optimized for WordPress
- Specialized WordPress support
- Enhanced security for WordPress
- One-click WordPress installation
WordPress hosting cons:
- Only host WordPress sites
- Hard to customize
- Expensive compared to other alternatives
- Less control and flexibility
4. Best Dedicated Hosting Service: HostGator
Dedicated hosting is ideal for large websites. With a dedicated hosting plan, you will have a dedicated server for your website. The cost of dedicated hosting plans are relatively high because you will have complete technical control over software and configurations. You should expect fast loading speeds and high uptime rates with dedicated hosting.
A dedicated hosting plan is a great choice for high-traffic websites. This is also great for those who want to be responsible for installing updates and monitoring everything like database errors. We don’t recommend it for beginners and low-traffic websites.
Dedicated hosting pros:
- Optimal website performance
- Not sharing resources with other sites
- Very fast load times
- Complete control over the server
Dedicated hosting cons:
- Very expensive web hosting
- Requires a high-level technical knowledge
- You are responsible for everything
- You are responsible for glitches or errors
5. Best Cloud Hosting Service: SiteGround
Cloud hosting is the best option for websites that get high volumes of traffic. With a cloud hosting plan, you will get better website performance and enhanced tech flexibility over traditional web hosting. The downside of cloud hosting is that not all could providers can mitigate security risks such as the threats of hacking, privacy breaches, and cyber-attacks.
The upside of cloud hosting is that a website owner can determine how much memory, processing power, and storage space is required to run their website. It is basically like renting storage space for your website. You only pay for what is used.
Cloud hosting pros:
- You pay for what you use
- Better tech flexibility over traditional hosting
- Highly suitable for website growth
- Reliable data centers
Cloud hosting cons:
- Hosting costs can differ from month to month
- Limited monthly bandwidth
- Higher security issues
- Difficult data management
Web hosts are the backbone for your website. Not all web host providers are the same as they have different technology infrastructure. Your web hosting needs depends on your needs such as speed, security and customer support.
Every component of your website depends on your web host provider. They provide the technology and server space required for your website. Once you figure out what type of web hosting is the best option for you, you can focus on building your online business.
Why You Can Trust Our Reviews
HostingVote is run by a team of web hosting experts who have been reviewing and analyzing web hosting providers.
Our team’s mission is to provide unbias and authentic reviews of hosting websites. We want our readers to get trustworthy information to make purchasing decisions with a web hosting provider.
To help this website and our experts, our reviews and service is funded through compensation earned when you sign up for a web hosting provider. Our compensation does not determine our reviews as our credibility is more important to us, for our readers.